“All Diseases Begin in the Gut”
Constipation is the most common gastro-intestinal complaint all over the world.
According to the naturopathic definition, Constipation is an epidemic.
In the School of Greco-Arabian Medicine, Constipation is known as: “Um-ul-Amraz”– “The Mother of All Diseases”
“Death Begins in the Colon” is a well-known maxim within naturopathic system of medicine.
The wastes that are not eliminated properly produce toxins, which can be absorbed by the blood stream and may be carried to different parts of the body.
When the digestive system and eliminative organs are not working properly, to rid the body of this accumulating putrefactive build-up in the colon, the resultant toxins are carried back into every part of the body.
Range of Symptoms associated with Chronic Constipation
• Abdominal distress
• Abdominal pains
• Bad breath
• Body odour
• Poor sleep
• Skin problem
• Straining of stools
• Varicose veins
• Weight gain
Tips for Removing Constipation:
> Lifestyle Recommendation
• Take your time at chewing your foods
• Respect and attend to the urge “Don’t Ignore It”
• Take your time at the toilet
• Do not strain
• Squatting is the best position to adopt
• Keep hydrated – drink up to 1 to 2 litres of water a day, depending on your individual circumstances
• Use 50g of fibre a day with mixture of soluble and insoluble fibre
• Cut down on wheat and bran
• Avoid white flour products such as white bread, white rice, pasta, cakes. As well as, potatoes, beans, apples, beef, pork, dairy, grilled foods especially red meat
• Use turnips, beetroot, leafy salad, carrots, marrow, plums, papaya, melon, raisins, dates and bio-active live yoghurt
• Use 1 to 3 tablespoon of linseed (Linum usitatissimum) twice a day with 2 glasses of water
• Use psyllium husk, Plantago ovata, 3 teaspoons taken 2 times a day with 2 glasses of water
• Drink warm glass of water with teaspoon of honey 15 minutes before your breakfast
• 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil in a glass of warm milk at night
> Herbal Medicine:
• Single Herbs
– Chionanthus virginicus Fringe Tree
– Cichorium intybus Chicory
– Filipendula ulmaria Meadow Sweet
– Foeniculum vulgare Fennel
– Matricaria recutita Chamomile
– Silybum marianum St. Marys Thistle
– Taraxcum officinalis Dandelion
– Tilia europaea Lime flower
– Verbena officinalis Vervain
– Virburnum opulus Cramp bark
– Mohsin Easy Digest Professional
– Mohsin Herbal Relief Tablets
This information is provided for education and information purposes only. Please consult your healthcare professional for personal advice.
© 2009 by M. Salim Khan M.D. (M.A.) M.H. D.O.
Consultant Herbalist, Nutritionist and Iridoligist Mohsin Health
Founder and Principal of The College of Medicine and Healing Arts